Smart TVs have default browsers according to the brand of the TV. Therefore, they do not have Google Chrome as an additional browser. Therefore, we will explain how to download and install it in a simple way so that you can use its tools from the TV.
How to install google chrome on tv?
From an Android Smart TV
If you have an Android Smart TV, you have different means available to install Google Chrome on the TV. You will see more details in the following sections. Read on: How to fix CPU fan error asus
With Google Chromecast:
Chromecasts are small devices that work like a video player, into which you can plug your phone or PC to cast content directly to your TV. This is a simple means with which you can see Google Chrome on the Smart TV and for this, you just have to follow these steps:
- Connect the Chromecast to the Smart TV.
- Download the “Google Home” app on your phone. You can do it by this link. Then, verify that both the mobile or the PC are connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Chromecast.
- Open “Google Home” and follow the setup steps.
- Now, open Google Chrome on your phone and tap on the 3 vertical dots on the top right corner of the browser.
- Choose “Send.”
- Select the Chromecast device.
- Click “Submit” to finish the process.
Note: In case the steps to configure the Chromecast do not appear, follow the next path: “Add > Configure device > New device.”
No Play Store
If your Smart TV comes from China or does not have Google Chrome pre-installed, you will need to use a Google APK to install it on your TV. To do this, you must follow these steps:
- Download the Google Chrome APK.
- You should also download “File Commander Manager & Cloud” through this link and “Sideload Launcher”.
- Save the files on a flash drive and then connect it to the Smart TV.
Through direct access for a Smart TV without Android
If you have a non-Android Smart TV, then you’ll need to create a Google Chrome shortcut from your TV’s browser. To do this, you must follow these steps:
- Open the default browser of your Smart TV and search for “Google Chrome.”
- Click on the star to add it as favorites.
- Click on “Local TV”
- Press “Exit.”
- Go to the menu that gives you the Internet access and press the up arrow on your controller.
- Otherwise, go to “Favorites” and then to the Google Chrome shortcut.
In conclusion, you can use Google Chrome for Smart TV through a Chromecast device or through an APK. Keep in mind that the Google Chrome browser is not designed for televisions and therefore, many times, it does not appear directly in the Play Store of the Smart TV.
Leave a Reply